What We Buy
Until further notice, we are not booking additional future reservations; however, if you already have a reservation booked, we are still taking these curbside.
For reservations already booked: For the most up-to-date curbside hours, either check our Facebook page or email Hannah at email@example.com. Also keep in mind that due to storage space and quarantined families possibly not picking up in the near-future, we may need to delay booked reservations as well. We will do our best to stay in touch with all of you with reservations! :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Aside from the the current situation, this is how it normally works:
At Chloe’s Closet, we pay you upfront for your gently-loved items. We do require reservations. You will have a one-week period that you may bring your items in at your convenience. You will leave your items with us to be reviewed and priced. We will offer you your choice of cash or store credit. * All cash offers over $25 will be paid by company check. * Store credit does not expire, but it is valid towards resale items only.
Payouts are tiered percentages, based on several factors. Cash payout will range from 30%-40% cash/ 35%-45% store credit. You are paid on your items before they go on the rack, before any discounts and even if they do not sell. The items at the lower percentage payout will include items such as baby onesies, Walmart or some Target brands, etc. The items at the higher percentages include items such as select shoes, select boutique or higher-end brands and select large baby items. The majority of the items will be in the middle of this range.
Keep in mind there are many ways to sell your items. We are a locally-owned, family-owned business and when sharing your items with us, you are a great support to the local Chloe’s Closet community and an encouragement to the continuation of face-to-face interaction. We appreciate you!!
However, if you are in search of a way to sell your items at a price close to what you paid, we are not the solution for you. We aim to put as much money back out into the community as possible, but we also have amazing prices for our customers. This means sellers receive a fraction of that lower-than-retail price. For an idea of who we are and what you are supporting, we’d love for you to come visit. If you would like to know how much you might be paid for your items, we highly recommend you do come by and take a look at our prices.
To make a reservation, please give us a call at 281.665.1662. Be prepared to let us know what gender(s) and sizes you will be bringing in so we can find the next available reservation for you.
What We Buy
– Boys and girls clothing, sizes preemie to kids’ sizes 18 (both everyday and boutique brands)
– Jackets, swimsuits, costumes, dress-up clothes, ski wear, dance/tumbling leotards, spirit wear, select sportswear, special event dresses, and suits
– Select juniors (adult sizes in brands/styles geared towards tweens/teens).
– Maternity & Nursing clothes
– Shoes, sizes NB through big kid 8.5
– Toys, puzzles, children’s books, baby gear and more
*As of January 2020, we no longer carry boys 16-Jrs. Our boys’ section now stops at size 14.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
How to Prepare for your reservation:
– You may included up to 100 items in each reservation.
– You may bring your items at any time during your reserved week.
– Regardless of the number of items, we will not accept bins over 18 gallons. This is for storage and safety purposes.- If you do not have bins, you may bring clean boxes or formed bags.
– Please no hangers or trash bags.
– We are unable to accept late drop-offs.
– We do not accept add-ons. If you forget items or find more after you’ve dropped off, please include them in your next reservation.
– Please wash and sort through your items before you bring them. Pre-treating stains goes a long way in what we can accept.
– Please do not bring items that have been stored in your attic or garage. They need to be washed again. We speak from experience after seeing how many items we send back.
– If your item requires batteries, it will not be accepted without working batteries.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We apologize that we are unable to give estimates over the phone, email or messenger. If you are in search of the best payout and have time to meet others for pick-up, etc, please try other selling methods before bringing us your items. If you have a large item difficult to bring in and you’d like to ask if we would consider it, you may send pictures of the items, as well as pictures of flaws. We can at least tell you if we’d consider making an offer, but we will still need to see it in person. Thank you for your understanding.
Please watch this website or our Facebook page for new updates.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
*items with stains, marks, holes, tears, loose threads or wear from washing/drying
*nursery bedding, including bumpers, mesh crib liners & crib teething guards
*room decor (*this may change, stay tuned)
*bumbos without straps (bumbos without straps were recalled)
*infant bathtubs & infant bath slings/bathers
*crib/ bed mattresses (we do take changing table pads)
*breast pumps, including new breast pumps
*baby monitors that include movement sensors
*stuffed animals or plush baby toys (unless it is an attachment on a bouncer, etc),
*plush chairs or other plush items
*pillows, pregnancy pillows (we do take nursing pillows)
*headwraps sized larger than 24 months,
*hats sized larger than 24 months (with the exception of costumes),
*swim floats or life jackets,
*furniture (we do take changing tables, kids’ tables/chairs, small toy/book shelves),
*technology- CDs, VHS, DVDs
* * * * * * * * * * *
Hint! Pre-treat any stains before you wash clothing and magic eraser works wonders on removing marks from toys and some materials for shoes.
*All toys and other items requiring batteries MUST include working batteries at drop-off. If batteries are not included or do not work, the item will NOT be accepted.
*Any assembly of toys with more than 3-4 pieces must be done before drop-off. Due to labor costs, we no longer spend time assembling toys.
*We appreciate that you freshly wash the clothing you’d like to sell to us.
*We appreciate that you fold items nicely in a clean box or a bin that can be stacked. If these are unavailable, formed bags are acceptable as well. *If your clothing arrives in trash bags, they become extremely wrinkled and the condition may not appear to be as good as it actually is. This will likely lower your offer.
*We only accept clothing in like-new or very gently-used condition. To help keep our labor costs down (keeping our prices down), we appreciate that you pull out any items with stains or extra wear prior to drop-off.
*Please pair pajama sets prior to drop off.
*If you have 2-piece sets, it is helpful for these to be paired together as well. Our customers love sets!
If you have read this far, thank you! We look forward to doing business with you!